Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Place to Quilt

In the past week, I have made 2 Monkey Business bags, practiced some Free Motion Quilting and sewed a curtain for a friend. My space is limited and very unorganized! My husband and I are planning on building or purchasing a shed to turn into my Quilting Cottage so I will have a space of my own that I can organize and create! I found a ready made shed with a front porch 12' x 20'....keeping in mind I will need to add on when I get a long arm quilter, hehehe someday! It would work comfortably....it has 3 windows and a door with a window, 2 lofts for plenty of stash storage and plenty of room for sewing table, cutting table and cubbies for supplies. The building will be wired,
insulated, finished walls and floor, heat/AC, dehumidifier and set up as my quilting / sewing space!

My stepdad has drawn a few plans to help us estimate the cost of building my quilt cottage from scratch. He has also suggested several place on our property as likely locations. I will have to admit, his suggestions and reasoning behind them were definitely better than where I had planned on putting the building.

Yesterday, my husband and I were at the hardware store and I found a book on building your own shed. It included lots of wonderful pictures for garden sheds, barns, tool sheds, garages and "STUDIO'S". Lot's of comparison shopping to do!

I hope this project is started soon! My husband is hoping to have it ready to go before the snow flies, that may be a little over zealous. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. The Sewing Cottage sounds like a paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! When you begin quilting, you know you either hate it or love it...and if you love it, you become completely obsessed! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete