Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Need to Read Directions

Last night I decided to start a little project. Just a small zippered quilted bag. I have had the  pattern, fabric, zipper, D ring and swivel hook for a little over a month now, so it was time! I cut out all the pieces and applied the fusible fleece. Figured such a small project would be wonderful for practicing Free Motion Quilting. Then as I read the directions, I realized I had pages 1 and 3....pages 2 and 4 were missing! I certainly do not know enough about sewing or the construction of a little bag, to continue without all the directions. This would also be the first attempt at putting in a zipper.

I sent out an email to the woman who gave me the pattern....hoping she still has the 2 other pages. After posting on several social networking sites, I received a message from a friend who asked if it was the same pattern she had used to make so many. YES it is....so hopefully I will get to finish this little project this weekend if I am able to meet up with Linda tomorrow. Otherwise it will have to wait till Monday and I will have to start another little project for the weekend!

Moral of this story: READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST!

No comments:

Post a Comment